A website structure audit is an analysis of your website’s organization and navigation. The report will identify any areas where your website’s structure can be improved to help users find the information they need more easily. Additionally, the report will make recommendations for improving your website’s overall usability.
If you’re thinking about having a website structure audit done, you may be wondering what exactly is included in the report. Here’s a quick overview of what you can expect to see in a typical website structure audit report.
1. Review Your Current Website Structure.
Your website’s structure is the foundation upon which everything else is built. It’s important to get it right from the start, as it can be very difficult to change later on. Spend some time thinking about what kind of content you want to include, and how you want people to navigate around your site. Then, create a structure that will support that.
If you’re not sure where to start, there are plenty of resources available online. Just do a quick search for “website structure” and you’ll find plenty of articles and tutorials to help you out. Once you’ve got a good understanding of the basics, you can start to get creative and really make your site your own.
Recommendations for improving your website structure.
If you’re looking to improve your website structure, here are a few recommendations:
1. Use clear and concise headlines and subheadings. This will help visitors quickly understand what your page is about and navigate to the information they’re looking for.
2. Organize your content in an easy-to-scan format. Use short paragraphs, bullet points, and images to break up your text and make it easier to read.
3. Create a logical hierarchy of pages. Make sure your navigation menu is clear and easy to use, and that visitors can always find their way back to the home page.
4. Pay attention to your website’s design. A well-designed website will be more user-friendly and engaging and can help improve your overall conversion rate.
2. Review Your Website Internal Linking.
A review of your internal linking is an important part of optimizing your website. Your link text, anchor text, and link destination URLs all play a role in how search engines and users find and navigate your site.
By optimizing your internal linking, you can improve your website’s visibility and usability. Internal linking is important for a few reasons. First, it helps search engines understand your website. Second, it can help reduce your bounce rate, which is the percentage of people who leave your website after only viewing one page.
In terms of your link text, you want to make sure that it is relevant to the anchor text and the link destination URL. For example, if you are linking to a page about dog food, your anchor text should say something like “dog food” or “best dog food.” You also want to make sure that your link destination URL is working properly. If you link to a page and the URL is broken, people will not be able to view the page you are linking to.
Overall, internal linking is an important part of SEO and website design. Make sure your link text is relevant and your link destination URLs are working properly
Recommendations for improving your internal linking.
In order to improve your website’s internal linking, we recommend the following:
1. Use descriptive link text that accurately reflects the content of the linked-to page. This will help users know what to expect when they click on a link, and also help search engines understand the context of the linked-to page.
2. Use anchor text that is relevant to the linked-to page. Again, this will help both users and search engines understand the context of the link.
3. Link to pages that are relevant to the user’s current task or goal. Don’t make them hunt for the information they need – give them links that will take them where they want to go.
4. Use a consistent link format and structure throughout your site. This will make it easier for users to navigate your site, and also make it easier for search engines to crawl and index your pages.
5. Make sure your links are working properly. Broken links are frustrating for users and can hurt your site’s crawl ability. Check your links regularly to make sure they’re still working.
3. Review Your Website External Linking.
A review of your external linking for SEO strategy should include an examination of the quality and quantity of links pointing to your site, as well as the anchor text used in those links. A healthy mix of high-quality, relevant links from a variety of sources is essential for good SEO. Be sure to monitor your link profile regularly and take action if you notice any red flags, such as a sudden drop in link quality or an increase in spammy or low-quality links.
Recommendations for improving your external linking.
1. Link to high-quality websites: When linking to other websites, always aim for those that are well-respected and have a good reputation. This will help improve your own website’s ranking by association.
2. Use keyword-rich anchor text: Make sure the anchor text (the text used to link to another website) includes relevant keywords for your target audience. This will help your website come up in search engine results when people are searching for those terms.
3. Don’t overdo it: While external links can be helpful for SEO, too many can actually hurt your website’s ranking. So only link to other websites sparingly and make sure the links are high quality.
4. Monitor your links: Keep an eye on the external links you’re using, as some websites may change or remove their pages without notice. If a link you’re using goes dead, remove it from your website so as not to hurt your own ranking.
5. Be strategic: Not all external links are created equal. So when choosing which websites to link to, be strategic and select those that will be most beneficial for your SEO goals.
4. Review Your Website Content.
A review of your website content is important to ensure that your site is effective and engaging for users. This includes an analysis of your page titles, meta descriptions, headings, and body content. By reviewing these elements, you can make sure that your site provides the information that users are looking for and is easy to navigate.
Recommendations for improving your website content.
Here are 10 recommendations for website content audit SEO strategy:
1. Conduct keyword research to determine which keywords to target.
2. Optimize your website title and meta tags for the targeted keywords.
3. Create compelling and keyword-rich content that is both informative and interesting.
4. Structure your website pages and posts with proper heading tags (H1, H2, H3, etc.) to ensure better readability and SEO.
5. Incorporate the targeted keywords throughout your website content in a natural way without overstuffing them.
6. Use imagery and videos along with your text content to make your pages more visually appealing and engaging.
7. Promote your website content through social media channels and other online platforms.
8. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly as more and more people are using their smartphones to access the internet these days.
9. Regularly check your website analytics to track your progress and identify areas that need improvement.
If you’re not happy with your website’s current performance, our team can help turn things around. We start with a comprehensive website structure audit that looks at every aspect of your site’s design and functionality. Once we identify the areas that need improvement, we’ll put together a customized plan to get your site ranking higher in search engine results.